Recent

Breaking News

Someone you do not have is standing among you

GOSPEL
Someone you do not know is standing among you.
A reading from the Gospel according to John 1: 19-28
At that time, the Jews of Jerusalem sent priests and Levites to John, "Who are you? '' He asked," I am not the Christ, '' he declared. He said this openly, deny admitted.
Then, "Who are you, then? Water Elijah? '' They ask, he said, "but not me, '' he said.
"Prophet is you come? '' When asked, he said," No, '' he said in response.
They asked him, "Who are you? Give an answer to those who sent us; So what you say about yourself? '' He asked.
He said, "straight the way of the Lord as the voice of one crying in the desert sand," said the prophet Isaiah about myself, "he said.
They are sent by the Pharisees said to him, "If you are not the Christ or Elijah or the Prophet, why are neither baptized? '' He asked.
John told them, "I baptize with water. Someone you do not know is standing among you; He who comes after me; The thong of his sandals touch I deserve, "he said.
All of this took place in Bethany across the Jordan River. John, was baptized there.
The Gospel of the Lord.

No comments